Friday 6 January 2006

Another Beautiful Day in the Desert!



Before I start on today's blog, let me bring up the benefits of Bulk Barn. In most of eastern Ontario we have a store called Bulk Barn where you can buy foods in bulk. This includes pastas, nuts, candy, dried fruits, flours of all types, dog treats etc. as well as spices. I miss Bulk Barn! I use walnuts on my cereal in the morning (they are supposed to be good for keeping blood pressure down). In the U.S. you can't find walnut pieces. You can get whole walnuts (at a price) but in a package like for making cookies. I don't want to have to chop them but guess I have no choice. There are probably bulk stores somewhere but I haven't found one yet.
Now to today - 82F, sunny, no humidity, tough to take! Took my time getting ready this morning so that by the time we were showered and such it was 10:30 a.m. I had planned to drive to the SuperWalMart for groceries so I left then and went to the one in Palm Springs. Gordon stayed behind and had planned to walk around the park photographing birds. I understand that the birds had other ideas. Anyway, went to Lowe's and WalMart and got home around 3:00 p.m. It's nice when I drive myself so I don't have to rush. When I got back I took a few minutes to read my book in my lawn chair and look at the sky. Just beautiful! This morning as I was on my way back from walking Bib, I met Lin (the female half of the couple that sponsored us as guests here this week). She asked me if I wanted to go with her and her friend to COD tomorrow. COD is a type of flea market only the things are mostly new. It's affiliated with College of the Desert and I understand it funds scholarships to the College. Anyway, 8:00 a.m. tomorrow and we're off! So, tonight will be an early night. Feature is a photo of Bib checking out the doggie park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.