Tuesday 24 January 2006

Happy Birthday Garth!

Just wanted to acknowledge our brother-in-law’s birthday today, while he’s in the ice and snow, we’re in the sun!

Today we headed back into Quartzsite. I decided I wanted to get a hummingbird feeder as in the last few places we’ve been there have been lots of these little creatures flying around. I purchased one, now just have to figure out how to get it to work with a suction cup on the window and also find some nectar or make my own. I’m also looking for beads for my niece. When I talked to her this weekend, she said she didn’t have any green beads. The ones I looked at today didn’t do anything for me and most of them need to be restrung and a catch put on them. I don’t want to do that as I’ve gotten rid of all my beading supplies so I’ll have to keep looking.

On our way back, we stopped at a little place in Brenda called Kathy’s Kitchen. It’s little more than an aluminum shed with patio tables and chairs. The front of the shed/garage is open so some tables are outside and the kitchen is just to the side of it in a small trailer structure. The breakfast was excellent and has agreed with my husband. For those of you that don’t know him, he has Celiac disease and can’t tolerate anything with gluten so if there is any cross contamination it will cause a reaction like cooking pancakes on the same grille with bacon and eggs.

Today’s photo is of Gordon and I having breakfast at Kathy’s Kitchen.

This afternoon I sat in my chair and read and napped for about 1 ½ hours. It was a beautiful day in the sun and got up to about 75F. The breeze came up this afternoon and although it’s not bad, the sand is masking most of the mountains around. I took a walk with Bib and Gordon to see what sunset might be like with the blowing sand and didn’t look like it would be much so Bib and I came back to the RV. I also updated our expenses, hadn’t done that since the end of December. December was a wash but January seems to be doing okay. We’re still under $2000.00 for this month.

I don’t have much to comment on yesterday's Canadian Federal Election. The Conservatives got in with a minority government. Maybe it’s time to give them a chance, the Liberals have been in power for a long time!

Another quiet night of TV and probably spending some time on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.