Saturday 7 January 2006

What a beautiful sunrise!

This morning I was up at 6:15 a.m. to get ready to go to the College of the Desert flea market. When I was coming back from taking Bib to the doggie park, this is what I saw so I got out my camera and took a few shots. While I was getting ready, I had the blind on the rear window open and across the back fence I saw a coyote standing there looking across the fence, maybe wondering if some little animal was out for his breakfast. Anyway he then wandered down into the trees. We've been warned about coyotes coming into the park so not to leave little animals unattended.

Lin, her friend, Judy and myself left for the flea market just before 8 a.m. and arrived about 8:30 a.m. It's quite an interesting place with booths set up like streets. We went our separate ways with plans to meet at the entrance at 10:00 a.m. There was quite a bit to see but I did manage to buy a purse, some strawberries, a grapefruit knife and an orange peeler. I've been looking for a grapefruit knife for about a month as ours is under the kitchen slide. I know it's still there because it's making marks on my kitchen floor every time we put the slide out and we can't figure out how to get it out. Anyway, we met up just before 10:00 a.m. and returned to the park. I then had something to eat, a long nap and then sat outside in my chair and read for a while. It was too cool for shorts so I put on long pants and sat under the overhang of the fifth wheel which was partially in the sun and it was warm enough then.

I just got back from a long walk around the park and took a few more photos.

Tomorrow the plan is to wash the RV. It's very difficult to find a park that will allow RV washing. Here you have to buy a permit for $5.00 and it's only good for that day so I hope it's not too windy or something tomorrow as it sure needs it. I also need to go to the laundry room and get some used dryer sheets. They are supposed to be great for removing bugs.

Another day in the life of a retired person in the deserts of southern California!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:27 pm

    Yes, it was indeed a beautiful sunrise. Thanks for pointing it out to me for my Photo-A-Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:25 pm

    It is so reat to talk to you bothat the same time. I recall some scenes from before but work kept me from enjoyment. Bob had his surgery - he's home but you know the result will take a month from Toronto.When does Biff get a chance to write???Lots of love to all.Aunt Ruth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.