Friday 24 February 2006

A Really Slow Day!

Today we were both totally wiped out from our trip yesterday so we didn’t do much all day. I sat outside and read for a while and took a couple of walks. Although it was only 26F when I got up this morning, it got up to 70F and was sunny and clear with few clouds. The only clouds were just above the mountains and other than that the sky was clear blue.

Around 4:30 p.m. we drove over to the town of Camp Verde with the intention of taking some photos of the town but instead we just drove around and wound up driving west on Hwy 260 to Cottonwood about 15 miles away. It is much larger than Camp Verde and has a SuperWalMart so guess where I’m going tomorrow. I had thought about booking a campground there but thought Camp Verde was closer to Sedona, turns out, its not however the campgrounds looked small and old and the one we’re in is new and clean with nice large sites with concrete pads.

So, we wound up not taking any photos and coming back in time to prepare dinner and watch TV.

Since I didn’t take any photos today, I’m putting up one of a view from the campground that I took earlier in the week.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandra,

    Hey, there's something to be said for taking a break and having a lazy day! :) I love your pictures - the ruins are so interesting! My husband went to the Grand Canyon with his family a couple of years before we got married, and he loved it. He thought at first it would be a boring trip, but he said it was absolutely breathtaking when he got there. I think they did the helicopter ride over the canyon too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.