Wednesday 15 March 2006

Shopping!

This door leads to.......
Taken in Historic Old Mesilla, Las Cruces, NM

Sandra at Downtown Mall, Las Cruces, NM

I didn’t sleep well last night. Took forever to get to sleep. Must have been because of the long nap I had in the afternoon. Anyway, I was up at the usual time and took Bib for his walk. I decided not to go on my walk this morning as we had planned to go to the Farmers & Crafts Market in the Downtown Mall. It turned out to be less farmers and more crafts but not much of that either. All in all, it was a bust! I had planned to be there for two hours but after about 20 minutes I had seen it all. Most of the mall stores are empty and you will note from the photo of me above that the place isn’t exactly busy. I met up with Gordon and we drove over to the Rio Grande off Picacho Street then we decided to go to Historic Old Mesilla.

We walked around the streets of Old Mesilla and took photos. We had planned to buy a new coffee mug for Gordon if we could find one. We’ve been looking at most spots we’ve stopped on this trip as the one he got 17 years ago in Bar Harbor needed to be replaced. We had also decided to get a southwest type blanket for each of us to have something to remember the area. One of the first stores we went into had the mug and the blankets at a very reasonable price. So we bought three blankets, one for each of us and one for the truck. Then we stopped and had coffee on the patio of Café Don Felix, a quaint little coffee shop. We walked around going into shops but didn’t buy anything else.

When we got home and had lunch, I decided to go to SuperWalMart and pick up some groceries so after parting with $100+ there, I drove over to University Avenue and drove a ways on University then returned to the RV.

I had a short nap, got dinner ready while Gordon went and took some sunset photos, had dinner and then got the dog brushed. When I was working he got brushed every week, since we’ve been retired, he hardly gets brushed at all. Poor puppy! Just goes to show you, if you want something done, give it to a busy person!

Back to TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.