Tuesday 28 March 2006

A Tour of Albuquerque




Note that I changed the name of my blog. I’m not exactly original so when I had to put a title to my blog when I was creating it, my brain went dead so I used something simple – Sandras Blog but I decided I didn’t like it, so changed it today. Not sure I won’t change it again so stay tuned….

Today was cloudy with a forecast of some rain. It was about 48F when I got up but the temperature did get to 63F however no rain as of this posting.

Gordon had indicated that he was going to vacuum the sand from White Sands out of the truck so after breakfast, I went out to the truck to clean it out thinking I was being helpful. However, he told me that he was only going to vacuum the sand so since I had the truck cleaned out I vacuumed the interior and wiped it down from all the dust we’ve been through. That took about 1 ½ hours.

This afternoon we finally got our act together and went out for a bit of a tour around Albuquerque. We drove east on the famed Route 66 (Central Ave) to downtown, drove around downtown and then to Old Town. Old Town is very charming and we want to go back there to spend some time.

Then we drove west again on Route 66 to Coors Blvd heading toward Petroglyph National Monument. A couple of the photos I took of the petroglyphs are above. Also above is a photo of the hill I climbed. I can’t believe I did it! Going up was tough because it was a tough climb but coming down was worse with my fear of heights but I made it! Note in the photo of the hill, Gordon is just behind the girl in the white sweater. I actually climbed higher than that!

Trying to get back to the RV Park was almost a case of you can’t get there from here. Every north/south route west of the Rio Grande is under serious construction and the map in their Visitors and Convention Bureau brochure show streets that don’t go where they are supposed to. We had to backtrack a few miles and finally made it home. I can’t believe the city planners put a lot of thought into this!

With the weather being cloudy, we haven’t made a decision as to what day to go to Santa Fe. Looks like Thursday or Friday at this point.

2 comments:

  1. City Planners! That's so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra,

    I know I don't get to comment on your blog as much as I should, but I'm just letting you know I'm still here! :) Thanks for coming and looking at my postings.

    I'm enjoying all your travel tales and pictures as usual - especially the cute one of Bib!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.