Friday 12 May 2006

Rain, Rain, Go Away!


I woke up this morning to rain! It seems like it’s been a long time since we’ve seen this much. It rained most of the morning and consequently we lost our internet satellite. Gordon was outside in the rain moving the tripod around trying to get a better location but we still didn’t have internet when I left just after noon.

I had suggested that we go and check out Innes Road as I had read in the Ottawa Business Journal on-line that WalMart had moved out of the Place D’Orleans Shopping Mall and built a new store and I thought it was on Innes Road. When I got ready, Gordon still wasn’t ready so suggested I go by myself so off I went. Still raining but not as hard. I aimed myself toward Innes Road but got to where St. Laurent jogs and you either have to turn left to go north on St. Laurent or go right on Russell Rd. St. Laurent was backed up forever so I turned right on Russell thinking I’d head over via Walkley and the 417. When I got there Walkley was also backed up so I canned that idea and instead headed to Heron Gate Mall to pick up a few groceries. They didn’t have everything I wanted so I stopped at my old Loeb store at Bank & Hunt Club. It was always such a nice store.

I headed home arriving there around 3:00 p.m. It was still cloudy but not raining, at least not much. When I came in I found out we had the internet back. YEAH! So I went about checking email and reading the blogs that I read on a daily basis.

Since it was raining this morning I didn’t go for my walk so I walked tonight. There’s not much place here for walking. I’ll be glad to get to Ottawa Municipal for that but then the mosquitoes will probably eat me alive!

Today's photo is our view out our back window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.