Saturday 19 August 2006

Another Day at the Cottage


Actually I made it through all of yesterday without crying. That doesn’t mean that I don’t think about my poor little poochie but I’m trying to remove myself from the experience of putting him to sleep and remember all the good times we had and how funny he could be. He had such beautiful, expressive eyes.

My sister, Margie and family gave us flowers yesterday in remembrance of Bib.

Today was another long day. We left for the cottage mid morning and when we arrived Betty decided we should go for a boat ride. Margie and John elected to stay behind and prepare lunch. We got back from our boat ride about 1:00 p.m. and everyone was ravenous.

This afternoon was more low key, some went shopping, others went out in the canoe, paddle boat or the bow rider and some of us, like me, decided to read and take a nap.

We weren’t very hungry for dinner but we all ate anyway and then did a gift exchange. Margie’s birthday is this week and David’s and mine are in September. John’s is in November but since Betty and Garth won’t see him then and we’ll be gone south of the border we give our gifts on cottage weekend.

We were closer to 11:00 p.m. getting home tonight. Made it through another day without crying!

The photo today is of Margie and Danica in Sturgeon Lake.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandra,

    I left a comment for you in response on my blog, but I just wanted to say again how sorry I am to hear about Bib! I know it's such a hard thing to decide, and very upsetting. I hope you're doing ok!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.