Friday 8 December 2006

The 'Short Trip' to Aransas Pass


See the sand drifting in the wind!

It was 46F (8C) and very windy this morning but I dressed in layers and went for my usual walk.

Today we headed over to Aransas Pass to do a little WalMart shopping, mostly groceries but as Gordon went with me this time we found him some braces for his pants and some new slippers. I also got a toque for walking in the wind down here. Now that I have it, I probably won’t need it. I usually wear my baseball cap to keep the sun out of my eyes but the last couple of days there hasn’t been any sun but lots of wind so this will help. I didn’t notice that it’s wool when I bought it so it’s itchy but I won’t be wearing it for long periods.

Going to Aransas Pass entails either driving through Corpus Christi which is the long way or taking the ferry from Port Aransas to Aransas Pass which is the short way. We took the short way. There are usually four ferries running – there is no charge and I have no idea why they don’t build a bridge. It takes all of five minutes to cross the channel on the ferry. You’d think in the long run it would be cheaper to have a bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.