Monday 1 January 2007

Happy New Year's Day!

Today was bright and sunny again and 49F for my walk again to Roberts Point Park. The only thing I saw different this morning was a dolphin swimming in the marina area. They are usually out in the channel.

I stayed up last night to watch the ball drop in Times Square with Dick Clark. The good thing is that I only had to stay up till 11 p.m. to see it drop. I don’t think I would have made it to midnight! Poor Dick – he just doesn’t look or sound like himself anymore but you’ve got to give him credit for not just giving up!

Today we drove south to Padre Island making a couple of stops on the way, one of which was Nueces County Park. There were lots of shells on their beach and a reddish egret which seemed to be following this young couple around like a puppy dog. They said he had been following them for a while as they walked along the beach, when they headed for the road, so did he. We drove as far as the entrance booth to the Padre Island National Seashore but didn’t pay to go in as it’s just 55 miles of more beach and dunes and sea grasses.


This is the reddish egret that was following the young couple along the beach

Starfish washed up on the beach

This is the reddish egret again

When we got back, we got a new neighbour to the right of us. We haven’t had anyone there since one couple left two days before Christmas. The park is really filling up now. We counted 14 vacant spots on the weekend. I’ll have to go for a walk and count how many are left now.

Our high for today was 61F but it was very nice in the sun especially late this afternoon when I sat outside to call my sister and wish her a Happy New Year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.